<<< Wishlist >>>

Blueberry Muffins | Recipe




I love muffins especially blueberry ones but I've never actually made them myself before, I've baked cakes and cupcakes but never muffins. I do have to admit for my first time I am very proud and
pleased with my results. They are super easy and quick to make and taste really good, especially for breakfast!
If you don't like blueberries you could replace them with other fruit or chocolate. 
Let me know if you try them!

Makes 12 large muffins
Ingredients
375g Plain flour 
4 tsp Baking powder
100g Brown sugar 
100g Caster sugar 
2 eggs
1tsp Cinnamon (optional)
200ml Milk
1tsp Vanilla Extract
125ml Vegetable oil
350g Blueberries (fresh or frozen, I used frozen)
Method
1. Preheat the oven to 220ºc / 425ºF / Gas mark 7 and place muffins cases into a tray 
2. In a bowl mix the eggs and sugar together, then add the milk, vanilla and oil. 
3. Add the other ingredients into the wet mixture and fold in. Don't over mix otherwise they will go tough. To your mixture add 3/4 of the blueberries and fold in carefully otherwise they will get squashed. 
4. Spoon the mixture evenly into the cases and add the leftover blueberries to the top. 
5. Place in the oven and leave for 5 minutes on 220ºc. After 5 minutes turn the temperature down (with the muffins still in the oven) to 180ºc and leave to cook for a further 25-30 minutes until they are golden brown and look yummy to eat. 




What's your favourite flavour of muffin?
Are there any other recipes you would like me to try?

1 comment:

  1. Blueberry muffins are literally my favourites. I want to make some now as soon as possible :D!

    evelinkivi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete